Learning Guides accompany a number of Foundation programs. These Guides are designed to augment the Foundation’s materials and increase useability of the television programs in a variety of health and medical education and training settings. They are particularly suitable for ‘non educator’ health professionals to use in small group or peer learning situations.
The guides provide activities and discussion triggers for health professionals developing their own education sessions around the programs. Integrating the television program material in its entirety or specific sections with the activities and supporting written and visual materials will provide a complete ‘ready to use’ education package.
Each Learning Guide is designed to be used with a core adult learning guide. Facilitating Groups of Learners is designed to provide basic instruction to assist face-to-face training. Facilitating Groups of Learners provides:
- Information and advice about the way adults learn.
- The learning environment.
- Key learning principles.
- The “4MAT system” for conceptualising topic and content.
- Use of learning resources.
- Instructional design and session planning.
- Communication and managing group dynamics.
These Guides are all published digitally by the Rural Health Education Foundation and are accessible from this page. The Guides and accompanying slides (all in pdf format) may be downloaded for small group learning or individual use. Note that copyright laws apply * and the Rural Heath Education Foundation should be acknowledged as the developer of the materials in all instances.
A Guide to Facilitating Adult Learning
A Guide to Facilitating Adult Learning (771 PDF) – This booklet will support all group learning activities for the Rural Health Education Foundation.
Learning Guides currently available:
- 1205 Taking Stock Learning Guide (2.5MB PDF) – 1205 Taking Stock: The Health Hazards of Farming program webpage
- 1015 The Discomfort Zone Learning Guide (1.1MB PDF) – 1015 The Discomfort Zone: A Guide to Managing Difficult Consultations program webpage
- 1118 Breathe Strong Learning Guide (961 PDF) – 1118 Breathe Strong: Tackling Smoking in Indigenous Communities program webpage
- 1113 All Ears Learning Guide (1MB, PDF) – 1113 – All Ears: Healthy Hearing in Indigenous Communities
- 1112 Learning Guide (405kb, PDF) – 1112 – The Patient’s Choice: Quality at the End of Life
- 1002 Learning Guide (364kb, PDF) – 1002 -Aged Care Assessment Program
- 1001s Learning Guide (434kb, PDF) – 1001s -Musculoskeletal Guidelines
- 913s Learning Guide (507kb PDF) – 913s – Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Guideline Series
- 808 Learning Guide (857kb, PDF) – 808 - Smoking and Pregnancy: Womb to Breathe
- 718a – Continence and Men’s Health – Learning Guide (503kb, PDF) – 718 - Continence Series
- 718b – Continence: Children and Adolescents – Learning Guide(491kb, PDF) – 718 - Continence Series
- 718c – Improving Bowel Continence – Learning Guide (669kb, PDF) – 718 - Continence Series
* Note on copyright